We understand the issues that can affect tenants such as the threat of possession, serious disrepair and homelessness. We know that this can be a stressful and difficult time. Once you have been to see us, we can discuss a plan of action including negotiation with landlords and help during legal proceedings.
We offer expert legal advice and assistance in the following matters:
- Possession of the home including eviction due to rent arrears, anti-social behaviour or other breach of tenancy
- Unlawful eviction and/or harassment by a landlord
- Disrepair which is causing a serious risk of harm to the health of yourself or your family
- Challenging the local authority's decision on homelessness
- Defending claims for anti-social behaviour injunctions
We have held a legal aid franchise since 2007 and are one of only a handful of firms in Teesside and North Yorkshire to continue to offer legal aid in relation to some housing matters.
If you wish to discuss the availability of legal aid in relation to debt matters including mortgage possession proceedings, you should contact the telephone gateway service run by Civil Legal Advice on 0845 345 4345. If you require face to face advice, you should ask to be referred to us.
If you are not eligible for legal aid, we may be able to offer fixed fees for certain issues.